Our Curriculum Rationale
First and foremost, the individual pupil is at the heart of everything we do, taking into account background, SEND, ability and is based on the Gospel Values.
- Is underpinned by The Catholic ethos and Gospel Values
- Has the unique and valued individual at the heart of all we do
- Raises aspirations for all pupils
- Is purposeful and relevant and ensures that learning is contextualised
- Inspires and immerses pupils in their learning
- Builds upon prior learning
- Develops a growth mind set
- Celebrates the process of learning rather than just the product and ensures that failing is seen as an opportunity for new learning
- Ensures that they are secondary ready by being balanced on skills and knowledge.
- Is memorable and experiential – ensuring that all pupils have opportunities to experiences that will offer enrichment
- Develops strong relations with the community; the school, local and wider community
- Promotes SMSC and British Values throughout their learning journeys