I am excited to announce a few more details for our next mini adventure – ‘The Olympics’ which will run from 21st June until 9th July. Class teachers will still send out weekly plans so further details and reminders can be found on these. However a few whole school messages can now be shared:
- All children from Reception to Year 6 will need to come in PE kit every Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday for the next 3 weeks. I appreciate that you may not have 3 full sets of PE kit so please endeavour to keep clothing choices plain in colour and NO football kits please.
- All children will be active as much as possible on these days with mile runs, wellbeing challenges and a chance to try some different sports (see class weekly plans).
- On Tuesday 22nd June, we will be opening our Olympic Games
- On Thursday 8th July, we will be having sports day (Wednesday 7th July for Reception due to Forest School). Sadly we are unable to invite parents and children will be kept in class bubbles at all times.
- On Friday 9th July, we will be having team building day. This usually involves mixing of classes but this year we will be working within our class bubbles.
The aim of the three weeks is to be as active outside as possible, so keep your fingers crossed for dry weather and send your child in with water, hat and sunscreen applied.