As the end of term nears, I am writing to you with more details about our Year 6 trips which will take place on Thursday 15th , Friday 16th July and Monday 19th July . If there are any questions that I do not answer in this letter, then please email email@example.com.
Thursday 15th July
|Forest school with canoeing
||9 to 4.30pm
||· Children should wear normal forest school clothing and should not get wet.
· A complete change of clothing should be brought just in case they are too wet/muddy for the BBQ
|BBQ at school
||4.30 to 5.30pm
||· Please advise us of any specific dietary requirements via the class email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you are unable to attend the parent gathering at then your child should be collected at 5.30pm.
||5.30 to 6.30pm
||· Parents are invited to join us on school site for a cake and a chat.
· The invite is limited to two adults per child so that we can limit numbers.
· Adults will be able to sit in groups but those groups will need to remain consistent and adults remain seated where possible.
· Children will be allowed to move freely as they are one bubble.
· Photographs can be taken but should not be shared on social media.
· Children WILL NOT be allowed to walk round with their own phones since we are on school site.
Please note that the invite is limited to two adults per child for the parent’s gathering.
Friday 16th July
Children will leave school at 9am prompt and return to school at 4.50pm.
What to wear:
- Swimming costume or swim shorts under clothes
- Quick drying clothes on top:
- Old Shorts or cycle shorts, NO DENIM
- Old T shirt
- Old Fleece top, no sweatshirts if possible as they soak up water
- Waterproof jacket
- Old trainers or beach shoes/neoprene boots
- A hat or cap to protect head if sunny.
ALL THE ABOVE CLOTHING MAY GET WET
What to bring
A complete set of warm dry clothes with an extra warm fleece or jumper. This must include underwear! (Girls and boys changing rooms with toilets and showers will be available to use).
- Inhalers or medication if required
What to expect
Children will have the opportunity to either sail ‘Toppers’ with 2 children on each or a larger boat that will accommodate 2 or 3 people in each. If your child is nervous about sailing, the larger boats would make them feel more secure. Please email us to let us know if this is the case.
Monday 19th July
A Leavers’ Service will be held via Teams at 11am on Monday 19th July. This will be recorded and available for viewing after the event. A Teams invite to the assembly will be issued nearer the time.
I am sure you will agree that we have planned an exciting few of days.
Kirsty Greenhead and Carla Hughes-Harvey