As we edge further into this unsettling and worrying time, we understand how difficult the children might be finding things being away from their friends and school staff they know well during this period of lockdown.
As a school we are trying to find ways to stay connected as a whole school community during this uncertain time. So far, we have started parent nominated good mentions each Friday and we have a SSPP video on its way to you. The teachers would also like to keep in touch with families and children to see what you have been getting up to, therefore we have created class email addresses that teachers have access to directly.
We envisage that these emails will be a virtual way of children sharing Photos of projects and work, sending letters, asking about specific tasks that have been set or just a checking in ‘hello’. In return, teachers will be able to respond individually, ask questions about what has been achieved and give any feedback to the children. This email won’t replace the home learning threads that are posted on the class pages, nor will it replace any feedback teachers have been giving on Purple Mash. At this moment we will not be sending whole class information through the emails, we just want a communication line between our community as we feel so distant from the yourselves and the children.
We hope that you will find this beneficial as I know that the teachers are really keen to keep connected with their class. To ensure we manage expectations and keep everyone safe online, we request that the following are respected:
- Parent email addresses to be used only
- Children to be supervised when composing email if they are writing them and content of photos uploaded checked to ensure no personal information has been shared without the persons consent
- Any query or complaint about school still be addressed through the A3352@telford.gov.uk
- Be aware that teaching staff may not be able to reply immediately to emails but will be monitoring over the week.
- Any emails received from staff at SSPP are not shared on any social media platform or forwarded to third parties not directly linked to the child.Please find below the email addresses for each class
Class Email Address Reception email@example.com Year 1 firstname.lastname@example.org Year 2 email@example.com Year 3 firstname.lastname@example.org Year 4 email@example.com Year 5 firstname.lastname@example.org Year 6 email@example.com
Please continue to send in your Parent Nominated Good Mentions to A3352@telford.gov.uk each week so that it can be included on the website and Facebook page.
Head of School