Thank you so much for your support on this first day of remote learning or I should say blended learning as we do have some of our students in school. I am pleased that most of you have been able to access the assignments and complete the work appropriate for your child without any technical issues. It has been quite an effort to get this all in place so I am pleased that we have had success and most importantly the children are continuing their studies in these difficult times.
There are a few points that I need to address which will hopefully answer some of your questions. If you have further questions then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATs Revision Guides
These can be collected from the school in person if you purchased them for £8 last term.
The cancellation of SATs means that we will no longer be sitting the tests. However the question books and study guides will be useful in this time of home study. They can supplement the work that I post online or provide a different medium to a screen for one session each day. Feel free to work at your own pace through the books but I have attached the homework timetable which we would have been using. SATS Revision Guides Homework
Weekly Timetable/ Daily Assignments
- Every Monday (from 11th January) an outline plan for the week will be released as an assignment.
- We will be setting approximately 3 hours of work each day. This will include:
- English (reading or writing)
- Assignments will also include at least one of the other subjects
- Mini Adventure (Science, Geography, History, Art, DT, MFL)
- Assignments will be released at 6am and the hand in will close at 5pm (unless it is a two day assignment). No late hand ins are permitted and work will only be available for the day that it is assigned.
- Some of the assignments will have a teaching video to support whilst other work does not require this.
If you want other work to supplement the assignments then the following options are available:
- Purple Mash (2Dos will be set periodically)
- Duo Lingo
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Let’s Go Live with Maddie Moate – Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11am on YouTube
Children should have their log in details but let us know if any have been misplaced.
You should also be getting some daily exercise. Either indoors (e.g. Joe Wicks) or outdoors (e.g. walk, cycle, run).
We are all new to Teams classroom (teachers included) and it is great for the children to feel like they are part of a remote classroom. However after just one day a few things have come to light:
- The chat should be used for work related questions otherwise a continual pinging of notifications is very distracting for children working at home and the adults/children working at school.
- Children should not be on an unsupervised teams call with each other. We are considering how we could all check in together weekly but the details haven’t been finalised yet.
- At the moment the work is on pdfs which cannot be edited. There are plans to rectify this as soon as possible.
- You can attach any of the work that you have produced by opening the assignment, scrolling down and clicking add work. You can then add documents and photos. Obviously if this doesn’t work then you can email work to me but this would be my preference.
- Even if you are self marking and not sending an image, it would be useful if you could click ‘Hand In’ so that I know you have completed a task.
I am sure there will be other points to raise about Teams but we will learn together.
Keep up the hard work children (and parents)
Take care and stay safe
Mrs Greenhead and Mrs Hughes-Harvey