Your child has a place on our Carnival Float this Saturday 8th June.
Please find the most essential information you need:
* Congregate at Shuker Fields from no earlier than 11.30am and no later than 12.00pm.
* Note road and parking information from Carnival Committee below.
* Send a snack and drink with child, (Disposable wrappers only please).
* There should be toilet facilities at Shuker Fields before the float leaves.
* Children and adults on the float must be in Victorian or suitable clothing.
* Supervise your own child until SSPP carnival float supervisory adults/teachers say they will take over.
* Floats leave at 1.00pm from Shuker Fields. Children cannot leave or join the float midway.
* Children will disembark floats at approximately 1.45/2.00pm in Lower Bar, Please come to collect your child there.
* Award ceremony is 2.30pm in Lower Bar
* There will be 3 teachers onboard the float along with 6 parent volunteers to ensure your children’s safety and wellbeing.
* Only those children on stage in town have a pre-arrangement to be walking alongside as our official bucket collectors.
* Please note as per the school’s letter to parents, children could be photographed or videoed by crowd members or journalists for newspapers and private use. We cannot be responsible or control this media.
Please note: The following information from Newport Carnival Committee regarding Newport roads and parking.
On Saturday 8th June, only floats will be admitted into the Audley Avenue area, NO CARS ALLOWED!! Shuker field is the new location of where we will congregate for everyone who is taking part in the parade.
Please note due to safety regulations no vehicles other than actual floats will be allowed in the Audley Avenue area where the floats will be congregating, roads will be blocked off.
Drop offs can be made at the car park for Shuker field off The Broadway – postcode ref TF10 7NS
SOME STREETS WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC – Please allow adequate time as on Carnival day it gets very busy! Please observe the road closure signs and don’t enter an area which is closed, being restricted for floats.
ALL PARTICIPANTS INITIALLY WILL BE DIRECTED TO A SAFE AREA AWAY FROM MOVING VEHICLES (SHUKER FIELD) – ONLY BEING ALLOWED TO RENDEZVOUS WITH THEIR FLOATS AFTER BEING DIRECTED BY THE MARSHALLS.
We hope to have a splendid float and give your children a fabulous fun day. Thank you